Saturday 17 September 2011

Why Grind?

This is the question I asked myself earlier today, whilst I was grinding two tables. What I mean is, why am I playing poker like someone who is playing 20 tables when I only have two on the go? I was playing ABC poker and enduring a run of 8 winless games in the 6 player turbo’s, when I came to the realisation that I should be exploiting the players that are playing ABC poker, instead of joining them. I decided to loosen up a bit, played more smaller pairs and marginal hands like suited connectors and weaker aces than I usually do, and shock horror I had a massive improvement in fortunes. I am not even sure it is possible to grind these games on iPoker, you would think it would be but every reg I look up on sharkscope is very marginally either side of break even through hundreds or thousands of SNG’s. One of the guys I have seen a lot and has won more money than most is some Russian geezer who is just over $1K up from a mind boggling 19599 SNG’s, average stake $8, ROI 1%. I mean, WTF, what is the point. Maybe he is on a huge rake deal or leaderboard thing where he makes his money in bonuses, I dunno.

Anyway, my new strategy is just to play my own game and actually enjoy myself stacking these regs. I just won one stacking someone with 4 2 suited when I flopped two pair in level one and got the chips in against his KK and held, and actually won the thing in 17 minutes, some record for me as they usually take between 25 and 35 minutes...

In other news, there was a dead body in a skip at work this week...

No comments: